Research Focus and Projects
Expertise in Holocene Palaeoecology, especially Palynology and Tephrochronology. Participation in numerous archaeological projects in Europe and Anatolia. Studies on settlement- and environmental history, natural resources, wood-consumption and iron production, cultural landscapes, continuity and change in natural and cultural developments.
Projects and collaboration
- Neolithic land-use near Okolišce, Bosnien-Herzegowina.
- Bronze-Age environmental changes near Bruszczewo, Polen
- Environment and economy of the Hittite empire, central Anatolia
- Environmental history of a Karst region in western Ireland (Burren)
- Iron production in roman-iron-age Joldelund Romanisation in the middle mountainuous area (Hunsrück and Eifel)
- Neolithic in the Trave valley, near Albersdorf and in the Altmark Alke-sediments in Schleswig-Holstein and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Settlement-history in Angeln and Schwansen, Schleswig-Holstein